Bioinformatics and data analysis consulting
Consulting prior to experiments
Training in Bioinformatics
Workflow for developing an application at NIAID
African Centers of Excellence (ACE)
Timeline of Program Activities
1. First cohort of students graduating from Master’s Program in Bioinformatics at USTTB.
2. Student accepted into PhD fellowship program working under Dr. Nicola Mulder of H3 Africa.
3. Student accepted in PhD fellowship program in Tunisia.
4. Coordination of MaliREN to support computational research for academic and research institutions.
5. Second cohort of students enroll in Master’s Program in Bioinformatics at USTTB.
6. BioCompACE imaging available on local workstations and laptops using SALT.
1. Developed and delivered over 60 bioinformatics courses and seminars in Mali.
2. Poster at the American Society of Tropical Medicine in collaboration with the University of Dakar.
3. DELGEME collaboration established with ACE.
4. Growth of interest in the ACE model this included requests for collaboration from co the DRC, Malawi and other countries.
1. A strategic public-private partnership was finalized with NIAID, BioTeam, Intel Corporation’s Health and Life Sciences Group, EMC Corporation, the Foundation for NIH, and USTTB.
2. A high-performance computing server has been installed at the first collaborative center at USTTB.
3. Built a world class telelearning in an environment engineered for optimal communication and remote learning.
4. The first African Center of Excellence (ACE) in bioinformatics is launched at the University of Sciences, Techniques, and Technologies of Bamako (USTTB) in Mali, West Africa.
5. First cohort of students enrolled in MSc Bioinformatics Degree Program at USTTB.
A microbiome sequencing facility with bioinformatics support and a gnotobiotic mouse facility
Harnessing the potential of the computational and quantitative sciences to elevate the impact and efficiency of biomedical research
Seeks to apply the tools of computational biology and structural bioinformatics to the design of an effective HIV-1 vaccine
A collaborative resource to identify predictive biomarker panels of outcome or therapeutic in humans with NIAID Category A-C agents or new/emerging infectious agents
The Data Analysis and Coordination Center (DACC) for the National Institutes of Health (NIH) Common Fund supported Human Microbiome Project (HMP). This site is the central repository for all HMP data.
An interdisciplinary group of scientists who study biological processes via computer simulation. Part
of the Biochemistry and Biophysics Center Division of Intramural Research National Heart, Lung, and
Blood Institute in the National Institutes of Health.
The BRC program collects, archives, updates, and integrates a variety of research data and provides information through user friendly interfaces and computational analysis tools which are made freely available to the scientific community.
The Bioinformatics and Computational Biology Core facility at the NHLBI
Provides researchers with powerful tools to analyze and understand the biological significance of a variety of data
Supports the NIAID research mission by leveraging the latest computational technologies to accelerate discovery and remain at the forefront of today's rapid scientific pace
Part of the U.S. National Institutes of Health plan to develop and implement the core of a universal computing infrastructure that is urgently needed to speed progress in biomedical research